Friday, December 17, 2010

One month and counting...

In one month I leave. Weirdly enough, it hasn't really hit me. But the semester at KU is over, and some how I made it through the chemistry and the studio to get to this point where I am back home, sitting on my bed, unpacking the thousands of items I apparently brought to college with me. Its actually kind of mind boggling how much stuff I brought with me. Looking at how much stuff I had, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get everything to Leeds with the limited amount of luggage space I have. I'll have to make it work thought, that's for sure.

I have more news, though. A few days ago I got my accommodation from the university. I didn't get the residence hall I wanted, but the one I did get looks pretty nice. Next year I will be living in the Tannery. Yea...go ahead and get the making fun of out of the way because the name. It has self-catering, so I'll be making my own food and sharing a kitchen with about 7 other people. I'm pretty sure I have my own bathroom too, so that should be pretty nice. Here are some pictures they have on their website:






Looks pretty nice, right? I'm pretty stoked. And don't worry, once I get there I'll be sure to add my own pictures, and maybe even a video tour of it...haha. Its about a 20 minute walk from the western side of campus, which isn't too bad, but the engineering buildings are on the east side, so I think buses may become my new best friend. It also is used by more than one university, since there are a few in Leeds, so that should be interesting. I may have the chance to meet students from other universities, which could be cool.

Its weird though, because as the days go by, I get more excited, more nervous, and even a little sad that I won't be going back to KU. The mix of emotions from knowing of the potential adventures, the goodbyes I have and still have to say, the adjustment to living in a different country, and the opportunities to discover so many new things is overwhelming.

But enough of the boring stuff. I have to continue packing (and in some cases repacking) all of my stuff from school. And from the looks of it, this is going to take days.

The New Tannery Resident,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment