Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Month of Awesome Begins

After a weekend of studying and finishing details for April, I made myself a delicious treat of strawberry cobbler. Now, I know you normally don't put strawberries in cobbler, but this was absolutely amazing. It turned out looking kind of pretty too. Here's a picture of my masterpiece:
Monday I went to class, as usual, and then headed to basketball practice. It was our last before our tournament on Wednesday. On Tuesday, in between classes, I went to get the last things I needed for April, including an eye mask, ear plugs, and a book to read...Wuthering Heights. Not quite sure why I picked Wuthering Heights, but it happened. Wednesday was the tournament. Our first game was at 12 against Manchester. Manchester only had 5 players, so they got tired pretty quickly and we won! I then got roped into doing the scoreboard for the boy's game against Manchester, where I got yelled at by both sides while the refs calmly told me to just listen to them. I was rather glad when the game ended, even though the Leeds boys' team lost. Our next game was at 4 against Liverpool. Again, we won! It was so awesome to play in a game again. It was even more awesome that we won our Christie Cup. Later there was an award ceremony where there some crazy large trophies and cups. We each got a medal there, which I'm so excited to bring home and show off. There were probably around 25 different sports (including the boys and girls teams of each sport), but overall Leeds wound up winning first! 
Afterwards I got some pizza with the team and went out to a special night of Fruity at the Union to celebrate the Christie Cup. Today was filled with last minute preparations, including stuffing my bag full of everything I will need for the next month. Its as full as it can get (though it does have a few sweaters to trade off for some shorts with my parents. Here's of picture of how legit I'm going to look. Of course, it should be warmer, so imagine more sunny clothes.
My next post will be from miles away in warm, lovely Italy!

Your Christie Cup Champion,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment