Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spice Up Your Life!

So this weekend has not been as exciting as some previous ones. For the first time in a while I stayed in Leeds. Friday night I went to a party for a bit that a friend was having at her flat. One of her flatmates had made handmade pizza (dough and everything) that was quite delicious. During the day on Saturday I worked on school work and many KU scholarships, including the SELF program. I pretty much finished all of that this past weekend. Saturday night Elizabeth and I went out, thinking we were going to a Chinese restaurant. After 10 minutes of walking, we concluded we had no idea where this place was, and went with a nearby Persian restaurant instead. I ordered lamb something (it was in Persian, I really had no idea) with rice and we split hummus. It was so delicious, I ate the whole thing (which is pretty gross, actually). Here's a picture:
Sunday I met some friends and we went to the Spice Girls exhibit. One of the greatest things I have ever been to. It was like a flashback to my 7 year old self. We were all taking tons of pictures and absorbing the endless Spice trivia. Mel B (Scary Spice) is actually from Leeds, so there were extra tidbits on her. Too bad she was too scary as a child that no one really liked her. At the end we even dress up in the children's costumes as the spice girls. Here are some pictures from the magnificantness.



We then explored the rest of the museum, which was actually quite awesome. Everything was very kid friendly, so there was a lot of stuff to dress up in and activities to complete. Naturally, we participated in all. We had fun dressing up like we were 5 again.

Afterwards, three of us went to the Old Bar, which is in the Union. I went on a limb and got a veggie burger. Since then, I have been obsessed. When I went to the store on Monday, I bough some, along with hummus, pita, tomatos (turns out I actually like them), and some spinach and have been eating it like mad. I'm actually eating healthy, with lots of veggies and fruits. Its an odd, and suprisingly delicious, change.
On Monday night I went to basketball and had fun, as always. I'm so happy because I'm getting less and less tired each week. This week I could have kept going at the end. So excited for the tournament to come!
Tonight I met some friends at the Eldon, again. A bunch of people have quite a few papers due this week, so we didn't stay too long. All I can think about is going to Dublin and Northern Ireland this week, though. So excited to share my adventures in the land of shamrocks on Monday!

Official Spice Girls Lover,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment