Friday, May 13, 2011

From Fab to Sad

Its been a while. And for a very good reason. My life went from crazy, exciting adventures to lame, sad studying and writing essays in a matter of hours. The first few days I was home, I think I was just mentally drained. I attempted working, I did (no, seriously), but I failed. I wasn't physically tired. I was actually waking up way earlier than I normally do (probably because of the one hour difference) and felt good for most of the day. But my mind just seemed exhausted. I really had trouble doing work. Last Thursday I met Quinn and Santiago at a cool restaurant/bar where we exchanged pictures. Some of Santiago's friends from the Photography Society were there too. We enjoyed a nice, cheap 3 course meal. It was delicious (and did I mention cheap?). Friday I was reunited with the girls I've made good friends with here. We were going to watch Atonement, eat cookies, and gab about our adventures, but it turns out that the UK have different DVDs here and they couldn't read my copy. It was sad. But we still talked for a good, long while. It was nice just to catch up and hear about everything they did over the break. Saturday I kind of started my essay for philosophy, but Sunday was the real day for hard working, as I learned that going to the library actually makes me do work. I've never been that library goer, but for some reason, it actually motivated me this time. Yesterday, I finished my essay, with tons of extra readings and references that we weren't assigned to do, so I think I did pretty good. I also have been studying and what not. Last night, I took a break and went out for some drinks (I have missed cider way too much!) with some friends and just hung out. It was nice to take a breather from the work. I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks. Monday my paper is due. Wednesday I have my first final in statics. The following Wednesday I have 2 finals, one in Sustainable Engineering Design Solutions and the other in Introduction to Sustainability, and one MCQ test in Physics. The following day I have two more finals, one in Construction Economics and the other in Physics. Those 48 hours are not going to be fun. Luckily, that Friday night I hop on a bus for a lovely weekend in Paris! I'm so excited. Its basically what is motivating me to keep pushing through, especially since almost all my friends at home are basically done with school. Its going to be a rough next two weeks, but I'll make it through somehow.

To lighten the mood, here are some group pictures that I got from Quinn and Santiago from the trip:
 Walking the streets of Rome
 At the Irish Bar in Rome
With the David 
 Overlooking Florence at Sunset
 On the Bus to Nice
 In Nice
 Sunset in Nice
Overlooking Monaco 
 Jumping off a Boat in Valencia
 On the Beach in Valencia
 In Valencia
In Barcelona at Park Guell

The Studying Master,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment