Thursday, October 7, 2010

Classes...because apparently I have to learn too

So apparently I have to learn while at Leeds. Who would have guessed. I just finished my University of Leeds online application, and therefore finished picking out what in the world I'm going to learn. Unfortunately, they aren't as exciting as they should sound considering I'm in England. But here they are, for all you nosy ones out there:
Fluid Mechanics:
   Yes, this is a 500 level course at KU. Yes, I am probably crazy for taking it. No, I probably won't survive.
Statics:
   To be honest, I have no idea what this class is about. None...zero...zip....
Physics II:
   Funny story...this is probably the easy physics course. Aka....Less work for me. Aka everyone still at KU will be using things like calculus and I'll be, well, not.
Sustainable Engineering Solutions:
   The engineering class I am most excited about. Probably because it sounds the most interesting. I'm going to get to learn about how to save the world and build pretty buildings at the same time. What could be better?
Contemporary Development Issues:
   The class I am most excited about. Probably because for the first time in my college career, I'm not taking a class that is required for my major. This class is going to talk about the Millennium Development Goals (in case you're unaware: UN Millennium Development Goals), dive into things like poverty, famine, gender, fair trade. Basically everything I care about. I'm so excited. I really don't think you understand.
Well there it is. My wonderful classes. Now to fill out the entire packet of information I have left. Any volunteers to do it for me?
The One Who Will Actually Learn In the UK,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment