Monday, January 17, 2011

The Countdown Begins

In less than 24 hours my plane departs for Atlanta, Georgia, arriving around 6 pm EST. From there I will sit in an airport for a while (it'll be fun...you know you're jealous). Around 9 pm EST my flight departs, leaving the United States to Manchester, England. On that overally fun plane ride where I will attempt to sleep, but will probably fail due to my nerves, the wide range of distracting movie options, and the fact that me and sleeping on planes have never really been friends, I will be beginning 5 months on the other side of the Atlantic. With my boarding passes printed, everything packed, and 5 seasons of How I Met Your Mother completed (yea, its that good), there's nothing much more to do but wait. Which is a good and a bad thing. Waiting means I don't have to continue worrying about packing or what to bring or not bring or if I have the copies and documents I need so that they actually allow me into the UK. Waiting also means that now there is nothing to keep the thought that I'm actually doing this off my mind. I have no choice but to think about it and wonder what lies ahead for me. It makes me nervous (and I don't mean I just feel a little anxious. My stomach is currently simultaneously doing flips and churning), it makes me excited (I'm beginning to believe this also has to do with the flipping and churning), and it makes me a little sad that I may miss out on something back in the states (like a KU NCAA basketball championship).I think as long as my stomach doesn't actually upchuck anything, I'm going to be just fine on the plane though. I just gotta let things happen how they're going to happen and not get all worried about if the fact that I say "hella" and "i mean" like there's not tomorrow will ensure no Brit wants to be associated with me. As I said goodbye to all three sets of grandparents yesterday, they all told me I was going to do great, and think its about time I start believing them.

On a completely unrelated note: One of my old music boxes from when I was little randomly went off by itself today. I'm thinking I either have a ghost in my room or a case of the Toy Story 3 type. I'm hoping for TS3.

The girl who has 28 hours left on US soil,
Jessica

P.S. Once I have all my stuff completely in my bags and zipped up, which won't be until tomorrow morning after I've done things society considers necessary like shower and brush my teeth, I'll post a picture of my about to burst luggage. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment